This course is designed to provide Advanced System Administration training on the Avaya IP Office telephone system, voicemail platform, and associated end user client software. It builds upon the IP Office Basic Administration course and delves deeper into management of the system, enabling administrators to make changes and additions to the IP Office in addition to general day-to-day maintenance. The course includes the use of Manager Application Software for direct management of the IP Office core system and Voicemail Pro Client Software for the Voicemail Pro application. It also covers installation and instruction for the Phone Manager Pro and Softconsole applications.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand how to access the Manager application software for system changes and to locate the built-in help menu
- View Parameter changes to the Manager application and review audit trails of previous system changes
- Recognize all portions of the Manager configuration tree
- Understand Hunt Groups and how they can be used in the system for more complex applications
- Locate important folders and files for manual/automated backups
- View Administration parameters within the Voicemail Pro client
- Recognize all portions of the Voicemail Pro configuration tree
- Find Basic Actions associated with the action icons along the client bar
- Create or modify User/Hunt Group/Short Code/Module Start Point within the configuration tree
- Install and use Phone Manager Pro and application
- Install and use Softconsole Application
Who should attend this class
The advanced administration class is intended for individuals who have previously completed the IP Office Basic Administration course and who have a general understanding of the day-to-day management of the system. The class is offered once each month.
Read more about this course