This course is offered for active SPS clients and is designed to provide Basic System Administration training on the Avaya Communication Manager Telephone system. The course includes the use of Avaya Site Administration (ASA) software for direct management of the Communication Manager. This training will assist in providing the local system administrator with the necessary knowledge for day to day activities surrounding the communication system. It is meant to be a review of the major duties needed by most customers when managing their system and is considered a pre-requisite to the more advanced administration classes.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand how to access the ASA software for system changes
- Create or modify users within the CM
- Move extensions from one station port to another
- Understand Hunt Groups and how they can be used in the system
- Access Dial Plan table and Modify entries
- Access the Recording of system announcements
- Understanding Class of service and Class of restriction
Who should attend this class
This class is intended for individuals who are new to managing their voice and messaging systems on a daily basis. The class is available each month and can be attended an unlimited amount of times.